Friday, August 13, 2010

More Kindergarten Preparation... Teacher Assignment, Hair Cut, and School Shoes

Tyson received his teacher assignment in the mail today. He will be in Mrs. Barrett's class. I was pretty excited about receiving this teacher because she was the teacher that Ty had for Kindergarten orientation. She's very quiet, but has great classroom control and asks the children a lot of open ended questions so they have to actually talk to her. I was very bummed that so far out of 5 children in our neighborhood going into kindergarten, Ty is the only one that WE know of that has the only other kindergarten teacher. So, so far, Ty does not know anyone in his class. Makes ME a little nervous and sad for him. What will he do on the first day? Who will he sit with at lunch?

I spent the early morning cleaning out his entire closet. Ty tried on over 20 pairs of pants/jeans. I wanted to see if he had grown and if I needed to buy more than I thought. Then we left the house and ran some kindergarten errands.

First stop, a good buzz cut. I hope it lasts for at least 9 more days.

Before the buzz
]
After the buzz cut
Next up, Rack Room Shoes.
We got Ty 2 pairs of sneakers. I got to pick out ONE...
Size 12: New Balance 910. I spotted these at Kohl's and they didn't have his size, so I was thrilled they had them. I am addicted to cool shoes for my kiddies.
Mommy's selection above.
Then, I allowed Ty to pick out a pair. Grrrr. This is a hard thing for me. I'm all about controlling what he wears. We've been shoe shopping 3 times already and left with nothing because he wanted these shoes every time. I couldn't bring myself to say yes, so this time we brought daddy. Darren agreed with me that they were very "red" that's redneck, but what can you do. He's going to slowly start taking over his clothing and shoe selection based on what he likes and what his friends are wearing. These are sketchers. Size 12.

These shoes light up. ANOTHER feature I never thought I would agree to. YUCK!

I hate to admit it, but to date, Ty has 6 new pairs of shoes for kindergarten. I told you I love shoes. Just wish I would by myself some!


1 comment:

Samantha said...

OMG! Just bought those sneakers for Colin today! (The Skechers, that is!) Crazy what they like! Also got Hayley some pink sequined Keds, too!