Monday, December 20, 2010

3 Blessings From Above!

Lately, I must confess, I have questioned why God blessed me, of all people, with 3 children. I'm so undeserving of such an honor. I have had to repent of my lack of patience lately and the ease in which I complain about what they ARE doing WRONG instead of what JOY they can and do bring to my life. The other day I stopped and witnessed these beautiful gifts that God has given to Darren and I to shepherd. It was a blissful moment as they were getting along so well and sitting quietly together as they watched a Christmas video on the computer. Tyson is really enjoying being home, on break, and hanging out with his brother and sister. He cannot wait for them to wake up every morning. He has even enjoyed sleeping in their room a few nights in a row. It's cute to watch him "father" them aka boss them around as well.

I have recently shared with my sisters in Christ that one of my biggest fears is NOT appreciating these times ENOUGH. Lord, be with me, during these next 14 days. Allow me to find the desire, energy, and enthusiasm to mother these children in a manner that is glorifying to YOU!!!

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

Psalm 127:3-5

No comments: