Monday, December 20, 2010

"Let's See What We Are Going to Bake Today!"

Gotta love MEN! On Saturday morning, Darren decides to announce after he pulls all of my cook books off of the shelf... "Let's see what we are going to bake today!" Little did he know I was down to nothing in my refrigerator, INCLUDING EGGS, the main ingredient in most ALL sweet treat recipes. Tyson was ecstatic. AND... once you plant the seed in Ty's head, there is NO turning back. He was, for sure, going to hold his daddy to this Saturday afternoon baking experience.

All joking aside, I AM LOVING my husband more and more, day by day. He is truly every woman's dream man. He unloads the dishwasher and takes the trash out EVERY morning before work. He is 100% a team player with a our children. He is a God fearing and God loving man. He is responsible, reliable, trustworthy, motivated, self-less, involved, organized, clean, and hard-working. A great provider. Not to mention sexy! AND he loves to do FUN things as a family. Baking is one of his favorite holiday traditions. I'm not sure he was thrilled about following through once he heard that he had to make a trip to the grocery store WITH Tyson for all of the ingredients. But he went anyway. Grocery list in hand. Did he get everything needed?

Yes he did! After returning home from the grocery store, Tyson and Darren wasted no time and got to work immediately. I put the babies down for a mid-morning nap and folded a load of laundry. By the time I returned, the cookies were already prepared and finished baking. I got to participate in the decorating and clean up part though.

Darren, thank you for the wonderful memories you create for our family. I always wanted a fantastic father for my children and I got one, that's for SURE! Now if only you would eat the cookies with us.





This was just 1/10th of the mess that was left for me to clean up! Sprinkles, sprinkles, EVERYWHERE. Oh well, the mess was honestly well worth the memories and the excitement beaming from Tyson's face. He definitely is his mommy's son. Loves to get creative.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

LOL. Yall are so funny. :) I love yall! Ps. why didn't I get any of those cookies :(