Monday, December 27, 2010

2nd Week of Christmas Break!

With Christmas over, you'd think all the new toys and games that my kiddos received would occupy their time, but eh... it doesn't. The day after Christmas, as my kids walked around aimlessly, I lost it for a moment and told all three of them "next year, you all are getting what everyone else in our church gets for Christmas... 3 gifts! and that's it!" I really think I'm sticking to that threat. It just becomes more work for me the day after Christmas to put away all the gifts and revamp the toy closet. If they'd play with the gifts, I'd have no problem buying them. Tyson got 6 playstation/wii games and he refuses to play ANY OF THEM. He loves all his old toys and old games. Go figure. Anyway, back to reality... Daddy is at work today and mommy is left home trying to figure out what the heck to do with two almost 2 year olds and one almost 6 year old.
The age difference is killing me.

Here are a few ways we occupied some of the early am today.

Disclosure: Excuse the "look" of my children. They had not showered or undressed from the night before.
Mr. "Food Face" Plate.
What is it you ask?
It's a porcelain plate with a plain face on it.
After your food is served, you can decorate his face with your food.
I love the fact that Tyson can be creative.
But... it also teaches him to play with his food... not cool.
Check out the creative way Ty used his breakfast:
Cherrios and apples with peanut butter, to make Mr. Food Face silly.

Next up, "Welcome to Paper-Bag-Town"
Luckily I had white paper bags to do this craft.
The rest was supplied to us from a Highlights magazine.
Ty getting busy creating his town.
Then we just completed our paper bag town.
I thought it was fun, but I got out paper, stickers, and stamps for Lilah and Jaxon to get creative with while Ty and I did this. Ty wanted to do what Lilah and Jaxon were doing and Lilah and Jaxon wanted to do what Ty and I were doing. So, needless to say, this "fun" didn't last long.

Finally, HIGH HEEL FUN!
Lilah received these for Christmas from mommy and daddy.
Obviously, she's NOT the only one who uses them.
"Cutie" is an understatement.
Great blackmail photos.
Ty was having fun wearing these heels too,
UNTIL...
I told him I will show these photos to everyone on his wedding day.
Can you tell he's saying, "Nooooo!" In this photo?
I love having a little girl!
Here Lilah is about to fall. See her foot twisting?

2 comments:

The Harris Family said...

oh my goodness! thats GREAT blackmail :):) love ya!

Sarah said...

love the high heel pictures!