Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Mommy, I need a cast!"


A child reminds us that playtime is an essential part of our daily routine - especially a boy's routine. Unfortunately, mothers of boys deal with a lot of "heart stopping" injuries. On Thursday, I had (3) of them. As Ty is getting older, he's getting more daring, more brave, and more injured. It's not really something any mother can prepare for. It's just something you have to get acquainted with and adjusted to.

After falling off of his razor and injuring his right elbow, falling off the monkey bars and flat onto his face, bruising his head, and then FLYING, literally, off of his razor down a very steep hill, I had to document it. The last fall, where he flew off his razor, he flipped out. My heart stopped. I couldn't react quick enough. I mean, how could I, I was pushing a double stroller with 40 pounds worth of babies in it.

When we got home, he said, "Mommy, I need a cast!" So, I babied him a little bit; kissing his boo-boo, peroxiding it, neosporining it, and "casting" it up!!! He laid on the couch afterwards, resting. Here and there, he rested with his arm raised in the air. I thought it was so pitiful yet so cute all at the same time.

No comments: