Sunday, January 13, 2008

2007 is Over and 2008 is a New Beginning!

It's been a while since I've had the time to document and update "All About My Ty Guy". The ending of 2007 was very exciting, memorable, and successful. TY was able to see and do so much more this holiday season now that he's a "big boy!" Tyson's biggest success this holiday season was giving up his binky to Santa. He was only using binkie during nap time and bed time (and occassionally in the car on the way home from school) for almost 6 months or more, but giving binkie up during those precious times, I thought, would be tough. He handled it very well.

Santa was extremely good to our entire household this year. We were very blessed with many "things" and we were also able to enjoy some love, companionship, and relaxation with family as well.

Darren and I continue to work on our self-improvement. That's been our goal for over 6 months now. Daily, we progress and improve.


I believe in making New Year's Resolutions because there is always room for improvement in one's life. It also holds you accountable to become a better person. My resolutions are to read a daily devotional or a portion of a self-help book, to pray daily (at night) and to pray with Ty before going to bed. I am pretty close to joining a bible study with my pal Jill Higginbotham. Ultimately, I am working on becoming more spiritual. It feels great!!!!

One event that I took Tyson too over the Holidays and forgot to share the pictures was "Sesame Street Live". This was his second time going and everytime his reactions are even more exciting to witness. Ty and I went with Jill, Piper, and Ashton. It was a nice break away from the typical evening routine.


Tyson waits for his "first date" with Piper. Shhh... don't tell Mr. Rob.
Piper brought along her "bodyguard" Ashton and her chaperone Mommy Jill.
Let's keep things in perspective though, I will always be Ty's first true love :)
The night ended with a hug.
The characters were all there, even Mr. Noodles.

I definitely plan to start blogging weekly, if not daily. The holidays were just too busy to keep up with it. How often I blog, will depend on how much I have to report on.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the updates. I know it was overwhelming, but I just couldn't elliminate any of it. To me, it was all worth sharing. It's great to get such wonderful feedback from many of you. There's something awesome about hearing people say, "I must admit, I REALLY missed getting your pictures over the Holidays" and "Thanks for sharing, please keep the pictures coming!" Hopefully, everyone else feels the same.

In the next few months, we have some exciting things planned. We are headed to Charlotte, NC to see the "Doodlebops Live". Ty is really looking forward to it. At the end of February, we are flying to Georgia to finally meet our nephew "Yill" aka Will. It will be our first family trip on an airplane together, Ty's third plane ride. I cannot wait to hold, hug, and kiss our little nephew.

Stay tuned for the next update (hopefully tomorrow).

No comments: