Saturday, May 29, 2010

I DIG TREASURES!

One of the gifts that we purchased for Tyson, for his birthday, gifts that we purchased was a giant sized excavation adventure filled with Pirate treasure. I was so excited when I placed eyes on this item because it was too perfect for his love for pirates and treasure in general.

Picture 1:
This excavation craft came with protective glasses, to give Ty the "archaeological experience", a stainless steel chisel and nail, to help discover the treasures and a sand based island which was filled with all kinds of exciting things for Tyson to find.
Picture 2:
The Island
Picture 3:
Tyson gets ready to chisel away on the island to uncover the hidden treasures.
Picture 4:
He really enjoyed using the hammer and chisel at first, but he was so anxious to reveal the hidden treasures that he began getting impatient and decided to ONLY use the hammer. This helped to disclose the treasures rather quickly.
Picture 5:
You can see Tyson using the hammer and chisel here. Patience still present.
Picture 6:
However, the first sign of treasure created the impatience AND Ty dropped the chisel and began hammering away.
Picture 7:
Treasure chests, jewels, gold, skulls, crabs, and spiders were inside the sand.
This craft was truly a royal treat. I LOVED watching Ty get into digging into the sand. I was so excited to capture some photos that I didn't really get to sit with Tyson and take our time disclosing what was hidden in the sand. That's my only regret. The sand was pretty messy, but I lined the garage floor with wax paper, so the clean up wasn't as bad as it could have been.

If anyone is interested in this craft or something similar, they have several different types of them at A.C. Moore. Some include: I Dig Dinosaurs, Dig and Play Egyptian Tomb. Be sure to print your 40% off coupon from the website thought because these aren't cheap. I think the original cost was $29.99.

No comments: