Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Wheel Tyson!


After Church yesterday, Jax went down for a long nap. Lilah, Tyson, and I went outside to keep daddy company while he mowed the lawn. I was fed up with starring at the training wheels on Tyson's bicycle, so I said, "Hey Ty, want to learn to ride a 2 wheel bike?" He was so excited and said, "YES!" I immediately took advantage of "no fear" Tyson and removed the training wheels. A friend, a while ago, recommended that I let him learn on grass, so that's exactly what I did. I taught Ty how to ride his bike on the grass FIRST. He was successful at the FIRST shot. I haven't seen a smile from ear to ear like this one in a long time. He was BEYOND proud of himself, as were his mommy and daddy. I recorded him going down our HUGE hill, in our backyard. He was amazing. Now we just have to wait for his birthday to arrive. He will be receiving a "cool" helmet and "radical" knee pads from Poppy and Cee Cee, but for now, he's being forced to wear this Elmo helmet and he's not very happy about it. "Mommy, I ride a 2 wheel bike and I'm wearing an Elmo helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads!" I guess he's got a point. What a BIG milestone!!! Go Tyson, Go!!!!!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

Go Ty! Congratulations!