Friday, December 4, 2009

A Sleepover Filled with FUN!



By Webster's dictionary, the true definition of a sleepover is "a house party by which young people spend most of the night talking, eating, etc. etc. etc. It's funny because this is exactly what the night was all about for these two sweet boys. A few weeks back, Ty slept over his friend Nicolas' home. It was nice because Darren and I put the twins to bed at their normal bedtime (6:30 pm) and decorated for Christmas from 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm. The following weekend, we returned the favor to Nicolas' parents and let Nicolas' sleepover.

We started the evening off by allowing the boys to choose where they wanted to eat. Of course, they chose McDonald's. What kid doesn't enjoy a Happy Meal? I took them to Kroger afterwards. I had planned on letting them bake cookies, but they were having so much fun, I don't think they wanted to stop what they were doing to be a mini Martha Stewart. So, we just bought those fantastic tasting sugar cookies that have the frosting on the top of them. The boys played for while before it was time to take a bath. Nicolas' was so funny. When he walked into my bathroom, he said, "Whoa, I've never seen a shower like that before. And why do you have both of these in here?" He was referring to the tub and the shower! I said, "Well, we have both for a night like tonight. You boys wouldn't want to take a shower would you? " He said, "No way. I want to fill up that big tub with lots of bubbles." And that's exactly what they did.

After bath time, I popped them some popcorn and prepared a napkin filled with two frosted cookies. Ty always loves having friends over because mommy bends the rules a bit. We lined the living room rug with blankets, put up a "Meet the Robinsons" tent, and popped in Parent's Trap. Normally, Ty sits through a movie without a peep, but I think he was so excited to have a constant playmate that the silence only lasted about 30 minutes. I allowed the boys to stay up WAY passed their bedtimes. I said, "I allowed", because they even stayed up later than Darren did. HA HA HA

Ty and Nicolas got along wonderfully. They really have become great buddies. I enjoyed Nicolas' company immensely. He is a very intelligent and extremely well behave. It's also nice because they had their "rough housing" times and then they also had times where they could play on an intellectual level (ie. they played UNO and well for 4.5 year olds).

On the side: While we were eating dinner, I cannot remember what we were talking about, but some how the topic of Ty having a crush on Cami. I said, "Ty, can I tell Nicolas' who you have a crush on?" He said, "Yes" bashfully. I said, "Nicolas', Ty has a crush on Cami". Nicolas' just looked at me with a dumbfounded look. And I said, "Do you think anyone is pretty or do you have a crush on anyone?" In his sweet little voice, he said, "Well no. Pretty much I just think my mommy is pretty!" I thought that was so sweet!