Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Annie"

It's so much fun to introduce the toys, movies, stories, and music to your children that were once your favorites. My all time favorite movie was and still is"Annie." I purchased the movie for Ty about 3 months ago. Although he did not enjoy the movie as much as I still do, he really did love it. I was esctatic when I found out that "Annie Jr." was coming to the Mill Mountain theatre, so I quickly jumped on purchasing tickets. We invited Jill, Ashton, and Piper to join us.
The cast consisted of 35 children from all over Roanoke and the New River Valley. Annie was performed by a young girl that attends a school just 4 miles from our home.

If you or your child have never seen the movie, I highly recommend purchasing it for them. It would make a great stocking stuffer at Christmas time ($9.00 at Wal-mart). It's a great way to introduce the topic of adoption. Jill took the topic of adoption a step further after Piper asked her what adoption meant (being "Daddy Warbucks" was going to adopt Annie). She related it to how Christ adopts us into his life!

We really love spending time with the "Higgs". They are such a blessing to our lives.


No comments: