Monday, November 15, 2010

So much for an "itsy bitsy spider"!

EEEEEEEKKKK! My friend Ashely got bit by one of these two weeks back and had to get her bite drained and cut open. AHHHHH! I would die. This thing looks a lot smaller from the photo than it really is. It was found trampling through our front foyer after I opened the door to check the mail. I freaked out. It was about 3-4 inches in diameter when it's legs were sprawled out all the way. SO GROSS!!!!!! AND OH SO SKEEVY!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard finding spiders in your home is a sign that your home is clean. I welcome some small spiders, but this one HAD to go. Darren sucked it up in the vacuum and we emptied this little/big varmint in the outside trash can.

2 comments:

ldolloph said...

This is the CREEPIEST thing I've ever seen! It's been a hard adjustment for me over the years being a stay-at-home mom...no one to get the bugs and spiders except me! YIKES!

The Harris Family said...

Ew, this was crawling in my bed apparently, and latched on and went at it with my poor sensitive skin. Thank GOD you spotted it before it made it's way upstairs... ugh I have chills.