Friday, December 26, 2008

Getting Clever Before the Christmas Gifts Arrive!


The other day, I was so beyond BORED being at home, afterall, it's been almost 6 months or more since Tyson has really received a replenishment of toys. I know that might sound spoiled or materialistic, but when you play with your child's toys as much as they do, you too get tired of their toys. Anyway, with less than 4 days before CHRISTmas presents arrived, Tyson and I got clever and decided to build a fort in his room. The fort consisted of two boxes, a hula hoop, a folding chair, his duvet cover, and mounds of pillows. He fully enjoyed hanging out in there. He was quite entertained by being pretty imaginative with his flashlight, ax, telescope, and microphone (just to name a few of his "survival" tools). When I was a kid, I once recall telling my dad, "I'm so bored" and he replied, "Sometimes it's okay to be bored!" I think he was implying that life is not always filled with excitement and sometimes boredom leads to great things, such as building a fort. The "good ol'days" included building forts, riding bikes, and playing chase. We've come along way since those days! It's kind of sad, but it's truly reality.

No comments: